Rural Health Clinic
Performs and assists with delegated procedures, records data in medical record, and serves as a liaison between patient/family and provider. OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Class I..
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Completion of a Medical Assistant Program.
- Personal job-related skills: Verbal and written communication skills.
- Licensure, registry or certification: High school graduate or equivalent. Completion of a Medical Assistant Program.
- Prior Work Experience: Previous experience Preferred
- Technical Training: None Required
- Physical and Mental Requirements: Duties of position require intermittent walking, sitting, standing and lifting up to 40 pounds
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively performs and assists with delegated procedures
- Records observations and evaluations of patient response in medical record
- Safely assists patients to and from the waiting room for appointment.
- Prepares patients for exams and procedures by obtaining blood pressure,
weight, height and subjective information related to patient’s health.
- Assists with surgical procedures performed in the clinic or hospital.
- Administers drugs or medications by protocol, either orally or by injection
with provider order. Documents orders in patient medical record.
- Obtains and performs waive testing on blood and urine specimens
- Accepts and documents verbal orders from the provider.
- Performs Venipuncture (phlebotomy) per physician request.
- Assists in Cast Application and Removal per physician request.
- Refills prescription requests per physician request.
- Performs EKGs (Electrocardiograms) per physician request.
- Serves as a liaison between patient/family and provider by collecting data and sharing information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensures that inventory for supplies and equipment is appropriate. Exam rooms are stocked and checked for cleanliness.
- Maintains minimum formulary levels and performs monthly internal inventory.
- Monitors sample inventory and disposes of expired samples.
- Follows Standard Precautions for Infection Control
Other Significant Requirements
- Schedules patient appointments as required.
- Consistently maintains confidentiality of patient records
- Adheres to and supports organizational policy and procedures
- Demonstrates courteous, compassionate and efficient service to our customers, both internal and external
- Works cooperatively, effectively and respectfully with others.
- Represents the organization in a professional manner at all times.
- Performs other position-appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- On Demand Pay