Assistance Programs

Hamilton Healthcare System has contracted with Cadre Health to assist you in applying for medical assistance, to pay for your medical bills, co-pays or deductible.
Please contact phone number: 254-313-0087 or Print and fill out the Cadre Forms and email to: Enroll@Cadre.Health
Cadre Application for FAS 1-21-2021
Texas Facility Self-Pay Screening (Spanish)_2021
Cadre Health Enrollment Solutions
*Hamilton Financial Assistance Program A, B, or C and Indigent is the last resort, you must be screened by Cadre Health before being assisted on any Hospital programs.

Hamilton County Hospital District Charity & Indigent Care Programs

If you qualify, these program pays for all, or portion of services rendered at Hamilton General Hospital, Family Practice Rural Health Clinic in Hamilton, and Family Practice of Mills County in Goldthwaite only. It does not pay for any services: labs, x-rays etc. that are sent to other facilities (i.e. radiology sends x-rays to Providence to be read.) These programs do not cover physician fees. The patient is responsible for these fees.

*Please note all counties have a county indigent, or hospital district indigent care program. The boundaries of the district are coextensive with the boundaries of Hamilton County , Texas except that the district does not include the area within the boundaries of the city of Hico for our hospital indigent program.

Financial Assistance Program does NOT cover:

  • Surgeries
  • Ambulance
  • Optometry
  • Retail Sales
  • Outpatient Hospital Surgery
  • High-Cost Pharmacy Drugs
  • High-Cost Supplies
  • Professional Fees

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact our financial counselor at 254-386-1717.

Hamilton County Hospital District Financial Assistance Program (FAP)

If you need assistance or have questions, please contact the Patient Financial Counselor at 254-386-1717.

Click here to Download the Cadre Application for FAS 1-21-2021

Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services

Patients that have medical conditions impeding their ability to work can get help to get back to work.  DAR’s goal is to assist the patient with medical, physical, or even mental problems in returning to work.  Patients must call 254-865-7239 to schedule an appointment.  DARS comes to the Neighbor to Neighbor office once a month to see scheduled patients only.
Visit DARS on the web for more information at

Children's Medicaid/Chips

Children in Texas without health insurance may be able to get low cost or free health coverage from the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIPs) or Children’s Medicaid. Both programs cover office visits, prescription drugs, dental care, eye exams, glasses, and much more. Contact the local Texas Department of State Health Services at (254) 386-8965 for more information or visit the Chips/Children's Medicaid website at

Women, Infants and Children's Program (W.I.C.)

WIC is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, and young children eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy. Nutrition education and counseling, nutritious foods, and help accessing health care are provided to low-income women, infants, and children through the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program, popularly known as WIC. For information on how to apply call locally (254) 386-8965, 211 statewide or visit the Texas Department of Human Services website at

Texas Health and Human Services Commission

The State of Texas offers SNAP food benefits, healthcare benefits (Medicaid), cash help for families (TANF), and Medicare savings program for long term care. Visit to apply.

Central Counties MHMR

Serving Bell, Coryell, Lampasas, Hamilton and Milam counties, Central Counties MHMR offers adult, child and adolescent mental health services as well as early childhood intervention. For more information contact them locally at (254) 386-8179 or crisis hotline 1-800-888-4036. Visit them on the web at

Families in Crisis

A 501(c) (3) non-profit organization serving Bell, Coryell and Hamilton counties including Ft. Hood, Families In Crisis, Inc. supports and empowers victims of family violence and sexual assault through safe shelter and outreach services while providing the community with awareness education and resources to create a safer community. Call them at 1-888-799-safe or visit

Central Texas HOP

Transportation services for Hamilton, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, Milam, Mills and San Saba counties. For more information,contact 1-800-791-9601 or visit them online at www.takethehop.

Texas Dental Association

The Texas Dental Association offers several programs to assist with dental needs including Texas Donated Dental Services for residents who are 55 or older, Texas Mission of Mercy, Smiles on Wheels and Give Kids a Smile. For more information, please visit


CareNet is a pregnancy center offering family planning, parenting classes, pregnancy testing, first aid training, and mentoring. Call the local office at (254) 386-3709 or the 24-hour pregnancy crisis hotline at (800) 395-4357. For more information, visit

Hill Country Community Action Association Inc.(HCCAA)

Serving Bell, Coryell, Hamilton, Lampasas, Milam, Mills and San Saba counties, this program offers assistance with housing, aging, child care, energy, family planning and more. Contact (San Saba) 325-372-3117,
(Lampasas) 512-556-8570, (Copperas Cove) 254-547-1006
or visit for more information.

U.S. Social Security Administration

Apply for Social Security benefits including Medicare by calling 1-800-772-1213 to schedule a telephone interview or visit

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs provides patient care and federal benefits to veterans and their dependents. For more information, visit

Needy Meds

Find help with the cost of medicine. For more information, visit